The Editorial Times.ca: How bad will the Empiah get before it collapses, totally?



The Editorial Times.ca

"The Thorn of Dissent is the Flower of Democracy"©

or, if you'd rather...
"Its my blog and I'll pry if I want to, pry if I want to"
with apologies to Leslie Gore




"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” CS Lewis.


©Chris Muir

Saturday, October 14, 2006

How bad will the Empiah get before it collapses, totally?

Mother faces jail for swearing at neighbourhood yobs

By JAMES INGHAM (Last updated at 10:52am on 11th September 2006) Posted Daily Mail Oct. 14, 2006

A mother-of-two faces a possible prison sentence after swearing at yobs who have made her life a living hell.

For more than two years a large group of teenage thugs have hounded desperate Donna Appleyard who has had to endure relentless abuse, threats and vandalism.

But unbelievably, when the 32-year-old finally "snapped" over the constant intimidation and swore at one of her bullies she was arrested by police and now faces a possible prison sentence if she refuses to pay a fine.

Irate Donna, from Knottingley, in West Yorks., said: "To say I am furious doesn't go half way to explain how I am feeling. I am absolutely livid.

"I am so angry that I have been made out to be the criminal when all I have ever wanted to do is live in peace and quiet.

"You hear of political madness gone mad and police not concentrating on real crime - but this is unbelievable.

"I still can't believe what has happened. When I tell people they think it is a joke at first, but when they realise that I'm serious they become as disgusted as me.
[...]

the rest is here.

H/T to Nimrod45...thanks!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no hat tip?

October 15, 2006 1:31 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Ok, what's your blog address... :) :)

Oh, alright...

October 15, 2006 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home